The Hahns

The Hahns

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Count down...

I have found myself lately being in "count down" mode (and if you're asking there are 16 more days of school, not that I'm counting! :) ). Instead of taking each day as it comes, I find myself hoping it gets over soon because that's one less day I have to teach my wonderful cherubs! This time of the year is really tough for everyone. The kids get on each others' nerves and mine :) more and more. Counting down can be a great thing because it means you're excited about the possibility of something great to come. But if you spend all your time "counting down", you miss the great things that happen each day. Lord, please help keep me accountable in making a joyful noise each day...not just when I'm on vacation!!

5 comments:

  1. This is an amazing post!!! What a great reminder to live each day to its fullest and to be thankful for each moment! Thank you so much! I just love reading your blog! You have such great thoughts I am so glad you decided to share them, because they are so encouraging and motivating :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post alicia! wow! that is so true! i hope you enjoy the last of your teaching days for this school year and enjoy the nice time you have off for the summer! love ya lots...m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and one more thing...i know you are counting down to the once de mayo party tonight :)..hee hee hee. love ya lots..m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:38 PM

    "I'm so tierd of Chucky Cheese" -Michael Scott, the Office.

    Good, got that out of my system...for now. Neat blog. Keep up the good work and creative topics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand what you are saying; however, I am keeping my countdown going because it gives me one more thing to rejoice about :) I prefer the glass is half-full approach to the countdown. I also would like to know where you get a class of cherubs because lately I think I have a few from the other side of the fence... I see little red horns from time to time and there has been a recent run on pitchforks at the local hardware :)

    ReplyDelete