The Hahns

The Hahns

Monday, July 09, 2007

Loving well

I am blessed this summer to be in two Bible studies with friends and co-workers. In one of the studies I am learning how to love others...no matter how difficult some may be to love! :) It is a Beth Moore study called Loving Well. She uses 1 John 4 as the basis of the study and comes up with 4 key points to loving anyone. They are:
1. God is perfect love.
2. Nothing can separate me from God's perfect love.
3. God pours His perfect love into my imperfect heart.
4. Accessed, I can love anyone through anything.
I was challenged to memorize these key points to use when I come across someone who is difficult to love. God calls us to love EVERYONE!! And because we are humans, it is beyond our capability to love some people, but with God's love in us, we can. I thought I'd share and I hope to keep these points with me...especially once school starts again because it is much easier to love people in the summer! HA! :)

2 comments:

  1. wow alicia! that sounds like an amazing study. and what a great reminder that we can do anything, even love those who are difficult to love, because of God's perfect love! God's love is amazing! love ya lots..m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!! It sounds like an amazing study!! I know I needed to read what you wrote...thanks tons for sharing!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete