The Hahns

The Hahns

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Getting older...

Happy Birthday (I realize it's a day late!) to my wonderful husband who turned 30 on the 4th of December. With our crazy schedules, we didn't get to see each other until 9:30 that night so luckily we had planned ahead to celebrate last Saturday. I surprised Matt with a dinner at Red Lobster where both our parents, the Frye's, Jenn, and the Stuckey's met us to have a wonderful seafood dinner (except Amos who ordered chicken! ;) ) Then we came back to our house to enjoy opening gifts and eating monkey bread, ice cream, and cookies. We had a nice night and were even pretty nice about not mentioning the big 3-0 very much! :) I asked Matt if it bothered him to be turning 30, and he said not really! :) Hopefully I will be as laid back as he was when it's my turn next year.
I was just thinking about getting older and I don't really think the day by day turning older bothers me, but I am quite bothered about being really old (ya know like 70 or 80) and not being able to do things that I can do now. But luckily I've got a long time to worry about that and we'll just take each day as it comes.
Happy Birthday Matt!

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday a few days late matt!!! it has be great getting to know you, calling you friend, and having someone who is older and wiser sharing his wisdom with the rest of us ;). ha! just kidding...about the wisdom part! okay, seriously, just kidding...you are a great friend and it was wonderful celebrating your birthday with you!!! love ya both lots...m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! What a wonderful wife you are to throw Matt a surprise dinner! And your gifts were the best :) The whole evening was so much fun..but then again we always seem to have fun around you guys! Happy Birthday Matt! Love ya both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the big 3-0!! wow, i'm glad i have a few years. :) happy birthday matt!

    ReplyDelete