The Hahns

The Hahns

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Family Time

Boy, oh boy have we had a few busy days lately. With grandpa's viewing and funeral we have been very busy and very tired. But, I did want to comment on what a nice time I had visiting with relatives. Kristina came home from NC and my cousin David came back from California for the funeral. Although it was not the circumstance any of us wanted, we did have a good time laughing, talking, and reminiscing.
I learned that grandpa had gotten into trouble for smoking behind his school as a 6th grader :) and that grandma loved to take pictures. Dad must've been quite the cut-up (at least that's what he was doing in ALL his pictures as a kid!) and his family used to spend almost every Sunday down at the lake. I learned that Grandpa used to brag about how all of his grandkids had graduated from college and how he was so proud of us. Grandpa taught his three sons the value of hard work and even taught Matt's grandpa how to farm!! :) And on a side note, I learned that my Aunt Maria was actually born with another name that no one ever told me about! (But I didn't feel too bad because mom said she didn't know either!)
Grandpa was a wonderful man and will be greatly missed, but he had a good long 93 years on this Earth and I'm sure his wife had been missing him dearly, since she passed away in 1977. Thank you Lord for family, close by and faraway.

3 comments:

  1. How neat to learn so much about your grandpa! He sounds like such a great guy and I am certain he was proud of his family! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness...i loved this post. thanks for sharing all that great information about him. it was nice to get that insight about a man you all loved so much! i can see why! glad you were surrounded by family...i was thinking of you and your family as always! love ya lots..m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you were able to have so much time with family! sharing stories of my grandpa was one of my favorite things when we were all together after his passing. it's those things that i learned that will help me hold on to the memories longer.

    i'm glad you guys were able to make it on friday even though it had been a long week for both of you. we love hanging out with you both!

    ReplyDelete