The Hahns

The Hahns

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

DUH moment

Have you ever just had a "duh" moment? (And you better all say yes! :) ) There are times when things just aren't as clear as you'd like them to be and you say or do something that isn't the smartest! :) Well, I had a duh moment yesterday.

We got a call from our adoption counselor that said our letter was received by one birthparent for the month of April. Whoopee! One WHOLE person in the WHOLE month! :) Not that we were that surprised because that's been about the average over the last 6 months. So I finally printed off the papers we'd need to complete to change our adoption profile to include children of races other than Caucasian. And after I printed it out, I thought and prayed...is this really what we should do? Am I just getting impatient?? And I thought of the verses I have been reading in the Gospels, "Oh ye of little faith..." And I thought, "DUH!" Do I really think that God would give us something we couldn't handle? He has the perfect child for us, have we been holding back because we didn't have faith enough for Him to choose the child for us? Yes.

So we took the leap, filled out the papers, and sent them in. Why did it take us 6 months to figure it out? Maybe we weren't ready, maybe our birthmother wasn't ready...who knows? But I just keep thinking, "duh, Alicia." It seems so obvious now, but I guess I just wasn't ready to see it before. So, not that I miraculously expect to get a child next week, but I do feel a lot better about trying to trust God to choose our child, instead of us trying to limit His power to do so! :)

What's your latest "duh moment?" :)

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness matt and alicia. i am crying! yes, i am sitting at work and crying! what a fabulous post and even more wonderful news! God is in control and He hears you. Way to put your faith in Him! this is just such exciting news. and i guess i will go ahead and admit that i have had many duh moments...and they definitely are some revealing moments. love ya all lots...m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing post! but most importantly what an amazing couple you two are! wow! the parents you will be...i can't wait :)

    let me see, a duh moment...I guess the most recent one would be me giving both kids a bath...being all nice and clean and then it was time to eat dinner. i was tucking graces hair behind her ear so she wouldn't get potato in her nice clean hair, and i am not sure how...but i got potato on my hand somehow and spread it in her hair myself :) good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. alicia i'm glad you see God at work in this situation and are giving Himcomplete control over the perfect chid he has for you- awesome!!!
    we missed you at the bible study! and let's do lunch one day next week-it will have to be wed, thurs, or friday. let me know!

    ReplyDelete