The Hahns

The Hahns

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Christmas Joys




This holiday season has passed by in a blur. I opened numerous gifts, attended multiple family and friend parties, spend time with Steven, Kristina, Nate, and Bo, and feel like I need a vacation! :) I loved every minute of it, but it was very busy. I think everyone will be glad to get back into a routine. The kids for the most part did really well with all of the busyness. Emerson didn't get too overwhelmed and Landon didn't get too tired. They were less than interested in opening any gifts. Emerson enjoyed eating the bows and Landon enjoyed playing with the boxes! Now that they've had some time to recoup, they are loving their new toys.


We were so blessed to have our sister, brother, and brother-in-law all home for almost 2 weeks. We can never get enough of these special people and keep praying that they'll all move closer (hint, hint :) ). But we did enjoy the time we got to spend with them and the help with dirty diapers (KRISTINA only! :) ), feeding, and entertaining the kids.


We also had a blast at the Frye's for New Year's Eve. We had a Euchre and word game tournament. We also played Wii bowling and had some drinks. A lot of us spent the night. We did thinking it would be easier than getting the kids up and taking them home at 2 am. But I think we misjudged that! :) Landon woke up at about 1, but went right back to sleep once we separated him from Emerson. She was a different story though. She's never been a great sleeper. But New Year's Eve was the worst! She woke up about every hour just screaming. I think she didn't like sleeping in the pack and play (it was her first experience with one). So she ended up falling asleep in our bed at about 5 am. Needless to say, Matt and I were exhausted the next day.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun Christmas! You guys were busy, but I am glad you were able to make the "Friend Christmas" and New Years Party!!! It is always a blast having your family around :) And no one but you all heard Emerson on New Years :)...next year will be better for you :):) And I must agree...it was great seeing Kristina, Steven, and Nate :) Have a great new year...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you were able to spend such great time with family and friends. it was awesome seeing you while i was home and i can't wait again to see you again soon! love you all....m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. christmas was filled with lots of joy! God is good and it's fun to celebrate His birth. a routine will be somewhat nice, but i'm not so sure i want it to start on monday...maybe a snow day? haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sis,
    I loved seeing you all again and believe me, we want to move back closer. Not so much for the dirty diapers though. Make sure the kids are out of those when we move back, okay? :) Just kidding, I'll change many more diapers if it means I'm closer to you all. I hope to see you again soon! I love you!

    ReplyDelete