The Hahns

The Hahns

Friday, August 17, 2012

Chicago Weekend

I really wanted to get caught up on all my blogging before school started, but this last week has been pretty crazy with trying to get everything ready for school, cooking freezer meals, and getting caught up on housework.  So our fun Chicago weekend was really last weekend, but I'm just getting a minute to write now. :)
We try to go to a Cubs game every year.  It's a fun tradition and I have learned to ALWAYS bring a sweatshirt, no matter what the weather.  You'd think Aug. 11th would be a nice hot day...you'd be wrong!  But at least this time I was prepared! :)
We started the weekend by celebrating an 11 year anniversary with an awesome couple: Amos and Jess Frye.  Matt and Amos have been friends FOREVER and when Amos met Jess in college, she and I quickly became good friends.  We have been so blessed to share our lives with them and watch their 2 adorable children grow.  Because we were going to be in Chicago over their anniversary, they wanted to go to a nice restaurant and we were excited to experience something new.  We went to Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab Restaurant.  Long name, but a delicious, expensive restaurant!  After spending a bundle, it was nice that our hotel offered a cocktail hour with free drinks.  I decided to go out on a limb (since I wasn't buying them) and try some new drinks.  Bloody Mary and White Russian I would not recommend, but a Tequila Sunrise is pretty delicious! :)  Then we met up with Jared and Jenn and got some dessert. 

Saturday, the Cubs had a late afternoon game.  We got to walk around Wrigleyville and eat at the Cubby Bear after our continental breakfast at the hotel.  Even though the Cubs blew their lead in the 8th inning!!!, we had a fun time at the game.  Jared, a Reds fan, didn't even rub it in our faces that his team won! :)  Thanks everybody for a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. thankful you had fun and were able to celebrate with such a great couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to say how much fun that weekend was. I was impressed by your bravery with the bloody mary and felt awful that i steered your wrong on the white russians :) But I am so thankful we got to spend that time with you. It is always fun hanging out and connecting with you and Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this comment saved...I know I entered one before! Either way, we had a blast spending that time with you guys!!! We always enjoy our time with you and are so thankful for your friendship! Thanks for spending that time with us even though i feel awful about my poor recommendation on the white russian :)

    ReplyDelete