The Hahns

The Hahns

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall Fun: jack-o-lanterns, trick or treating, birthday, and more!

We took advantage of a warmer day in October to carve some pumpkins.  Emerson was all into the digging of the "guts" while Landon preferred playing in the grass!  But they turned out pretty cute!  


I also got to celebrate my 34th birthday this week!  I got surprised at school with a bouquet of flowers and had homemade beef and noodles with mom and dad.  The next night, I had a surprise dinner at the Chubby Trout with the fam and a night of "sparkly" presents.  Because, according to the kids, "Mommy likes sparkly clothes."  Where they got that idea, I don't know! :) 
 
Our little trick-or-treaters
We had two fall parties (on a very cold Sunday, as you can see!).  We went to Trunk or Treat at the Davis' church.  This was our first time at the event and we'd definitely go back.  The kids had a great time playing the games and trying to find their way through the John Davis corn maze.  We arrived at the same time as the Frye's, so we got to enjoy the afternoon with them.  Then, we went to our Sunday School party at the Schmucker's.  We had a great time decorating pumpkins, on a hayride, and terrorizing the cats! :)

And one more picture of a cozy time watching the Bears game!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 AM

    What a fun time of celebration! I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday and the kids look like they had fun in their costumes. As far as you liking sparkly things, I can only imagine that came from your husband. I think he plants things in their little heads. :) Love you!
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! It looks like you are really enjoying fall and made the most of the warmer weather. I am glad you said something because I thought you loved sparkly things too! It must be all the sparkly clothes that you wear :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures!!! It looks like you made the best out of the fall weather! I am so glad you said something about not liking sparkly things...I had know idea since you wear so many sparkly clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm wondering where the picture of the sparkly neon green shirt is...i hope you at least took a picture!

    ReplyDelete