The Hahns

The Hahns

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Winter Wreath

I'm ba-a-ack....after being down and out with the flu for a good week (well actually a pretty awful week), I finally feel almost back to normal.
Before I got sick, we had a lovely Thanksgiving.  It was our year to be at my side for Thanksgiving, so we spent the day at mom and dad's.  We had a nice day.  The little ones are pretty much able to play by themselves, so it's nice to be able to catch up with the adults and play a rousing game of "Logo" and "Trivial Pursuit."
I also worked on a project that Cathy and I saw when we visited House of Holly this year and thankfully I finished the morning before my first night of sickness!


I kind of combined two ideas and I think it turned out pretty cute.  The wreath I saw at House of Holly (not quite so over the top as this one:  tulle christmas wreath).  I originally wanted to do a red, green, and white one but I couldn't find those colors at Michael's, so I went with a winter theme instead of Christmas. The letter could use some more twine, but an H is a hard letter to wrap! twine letter  I think the secret is to really USE that glue gun to get the twine to stay.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:30 PM

    That turned out incredible!!! I am so sorry to hear that you were so sick :( But I am glad you had a wonderful family Thanksgiving and even got to be creative!! Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Cute! I'm glad you're finally feeling better. I can't wait to see you again in a few short weeks! :)
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the wreath! very creative!

    ReplyDelete