The Hahns

The Hahns

Monday, May 27, 2013

Mother's Day and Craft Projects

I am blessed to be the mother of 2 amazing little ones.  It is so awesome to see my kiddos grow and learn each day.  I've never had a more challenging or rewarding job.  It is so fun to see all of the things they create and I can see why my mom saved basically everything I ever made for her! :)

We are doubly blessed to have both of our moms close by to celebrate special holidays and birthdays too.  Our moms have both been incredible inspirations and we're so lucky to have them watch our children while we're at work.  I don't know what we'd do without them!

Our project for Mother's Day this year was a glass container with the kiddos handprints on them.  We used the paint (see below) and worked on each side of the container.  Then after everything was dry, I spray painted a coat of clear paint on top.


Since I had the paint anyway, I painted some decorative bottles too.  I saw the idea on pinterest (LOVE!).  You put the paint inside the glass jar, then shake it up to cover all of the sides.  It's supposed to last longer and not chip since it's on the inside.  The one mistake I made was to put the cork in right after the jars were covered.  The next day, the paint had run down to the bottom.  But I took the corks out and let the paint dry and now I hope they're finished!
I hope everyone was able to let their moms know how much they are appreciated!  I know we LOVE ours!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a great Mother's Day!!! I love the crafts and you are an incredible mom!

    ReplyDelete