The Hahns

The Hahns

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Indy Zoo

Last weekend we drove down with Todd and Cathy to meet Nate in Indy.  We had a great time (even though it was super hot).  We went to the zoo, went swimming, ate out at some yummy restaurants, and enjoyed each other's company.  Below are some pics from the zoo.  I elected not to take my camera because I didn't want to lug it all around the zoo, so they're just phone pictures.  The kids did AWESOME!!  This was our first experience without a stroller and they were great.  Wanted carried just a little, but walked most of the day.
Riding on the carousel.  Landon's first ride on an "up and down" animal.  It was a dolphin with 2 seats!
 
How cute is she??
 Our favorite animal exhibit at the zoo was the budgies (parakeets to normal folk :)).  There were hundreds of birds and we could feed them.  Several of them landed on our arms.  Even Landon, who normally doesn't care about animals much, LOVED feeding the birds.



This zoo also had a roller coaster which our kids LOVED.  They said it was their favorite part of the zoo.  We also saw a dolphin show (not great in my opinion) and watched Ice Age Dawn of the Dinos in 4D.  The kids love the "interaction" of a 4D movie, but Landon wasn't so excited about the dinosaurs.  He is really sensitive about things he sees on tv.
I realized after our trip was over that I actually didn't get any pictures of the grandparents or Uncle Nate, but they really were there! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time!!! The kids look like they had a blast and what a great memory to have with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun family get-a-way! I am impressed the kids weren't scared of the birds...I think I would be! ;)

    ReplyDelete