The Hahns

The Hahns

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Stitch fix box #1

I should start off by saying I am the pickiest, cheapest shopper.  I rarely buy clothes for myself because they are either too expensive or I don't like them.  So when Jessica tried Stitch fix, I was skeptical.  She loved it so I thought I would try too.  What could it hurt right?
For those of you that don't know what Stitch fix  is, keep reading.  If you do know, you can skip this paragraph :)!  It is a company that you sign up with online and they have stylists that choose clothing for you based on a short survey you fill out about your likes/dislikes, sizes, anything specific you're looking for, etc.  I also linked a pinterest board of things I like.  There is a $20 styling fee, but if you keep anything,  it is applied to your items like a $20 discount.
I must say I was thrilled with what my stylist picked out for me.  Everything fit and the only thing I wasn't crazy about was the tank.  Below are pictures and a more detailed description of each item.
Each order comes with a style card that gives ideas for what to wear the item with and a personalized note from your stylist.
 Pixley Jakobe Chevron Print Maxi Dress
$78
Keep
Super cute and very comfortable.  It's a little long, but not bad with heels.  I wore it to church and got a lot of compliments on it.
 Renee C Gabe Maxi Skirt
$48
Keep
Kut from the Kloth Callie Denim Jacket
$74
Keep
I loved this skirt, it was something I had pinned on my pinterest board, and when I tried it on, I knew it was a keeper.  It is really comfortable and will go with so many things.  I wore this already too and really liked it.  The only bad thing is the tag says dry clean only.  I don't dry clean, so I washed it on the delicate cycle and laid it flat to dry....so far so good! :)
I was pretty sure I was NOT going to keep this jacket since I already have one.  I almost didn't even try it on, but it is so soft and SO much better than the other one, so I had to keep it.
 Bancroft Tillman Enamel Circle Necklace
$34
Keep
This necklace is really cute too.  It's neutral so I'll be able to wear it a lot and it's gold, which I don't have much of.  I wore this with my skirt.
 41Hawthorn McAdams Beaded Neckline Blouse
$58
Keeping for now
This tank I'm not a big fan of.  It's really flowy and I don't really like the beading/stitching around the neck.  I put it up for sale, but no takers yet.  So I'll keep it for now.

The reason I decided to keep the tank instead of returning it, is that if you keep all 5 items, there is a 25% discount on the total.  So it was actually cheaper for me to keep it than send it back.
Necklace -$25.50
Dress-$58.50
Skirt-$36
Jacket-$55.50
Tank-$43.50
So, yes, for this Kohl's/Old Navy girl, the total of about $200 is still a little out of my comfort zone, but I really like the clothes and I am hoping they last longer since the quality is better.  Can't wait to see what comes in my next box!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you tried it and love it too! To make me feel better, I always take my total and then divide by five. It makes me feel like I'm spending less on each item. :) I found another service like this and there isn't a sling fee and you get 10 items. I kind of want to try that too, because this kind of shipping is addictive. I love the surprise element and I'm learning a lot about fashion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 AM

    I like all of the items! I'm glad you're keeping them all.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete