The Hahns

The Hahns

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas tree and Santa

The first Saturday in December is always reserved for Christmas tree shopping.  Poor Matt always has to go his birthday weekend.  So, although I had been feeling bad for a week or so, I loaded up in the truck and quickly walked around Eby Pines to choose the perfect tree.  It was a beautiful day...no winter coats needed.  We chose a tree and some wreaths for the grandmas and came home. 
Emmy got cold and had to wear dad's sweatshirt.
Over the next week, we slowly got lights and ornaments on the tree.  I like to take a picture of the kids every year with their birth ornament.

Here's the finished project.  The kids hung most of the ornaments and although everything is not perfectly matched or perfectly spaced, I love it!  You can see years of special memories hanging on the tree.

making a 'J' for Jesus
I LOVE the way the lights glow at night.  There's just something so special about Christmas lights.
When we picked out the tree, we also got to see Santa.  Emerson had her list all prepared and written out!  She asked for Hatchimals and a Polaroid camera.
Landon wanted to keep his wish list a secret, but I found out later that he asked Santa for some basketball, football, or baseball cards.  I had to make sure that I didn't get him the same things that Santa did!

Emmy's wearing the sweatshirt I had worn as a little girl.  She loves it, even though it's a bit small!
Love making Christmas memories!!🎄

No comments:

Post a Comment