The Hahns

The Hahns

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Sickness update

I see that I also haven't updated on my "mystery illness" yet.  On January 4th, I went in for my appointment and found out a lot of things were wrong with me . 😩  My vitamin D was really low, I had systemic yeast,  my adrenal glands weren't doing all their jobs and were stressed out by everything else, and I had mono at some point.  Also I was tested for lupus (negative) and Lyme Disease (negative).  I have 5 different prescriptions/supplements that I am taking.
3 weeks ago on Jan. 29th I finally returned back to work for 1/2 days in the afternoons.  All of the supplements are helping!  I was so glad to be feeling a little better and be able to do some things!  I'm not out of the woods yet, though.  My doctor thinks I have an autoimmune disease and I have an appointment with a rheumatologist on March 1st.
I am also on a crappy diet of NO sugar and very little carbs.  Basically anything that my body would turn in to sugar, I'm not supposed to eat.  So I've cut out all pop, desserts, and most processed food because it all has some sort of sugar product.  It is taking awhile to get used to and I am frustrated some days when I have to make a separate meal for myself.  But I feel so much better than I did that I'm willing to do it.  I still get tired easier and there are times when my arms feel prickly, but those symptoms still let me get out and do things.
I am so blessed by everyone who has supported me, asked questions, given money and gift cards, cards, texts, etc during this time.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment