The Hahns

The Hahns

Monday, August 27, 2007

Adoption-Step 3

Slowly but surely the process continues. We are finally nearing the end of the part we "control"!! We had our home study this weekend, where a counselor came to the house, looked around, and interviewed Matt and me. I was way nervous about this step because I felt like it would be a job interview only worse! It's not just for a job, but a child! So, thankfully everything went well. The counselor was very friendly and easy to talk to. And the best news of all was that before she left she said, "....final step...."! Yeah. We're getting there. We're still waiting for my fingerprints to come back, our letter to the birthmother to be finalized, and our picture for our letter to be approved. The website is getting close to done (which I'll post a link to once it's mostly complete). It's such a wonderful feeling to get all this paperwork behind us. Hopefully by the end of this long Labor Day weekend, we'll be ready to sit by the phone and wait for a mom to call! :) Thanks so much for all the prayers!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Seriously, I get a huge smile every time I think of the wonderful family you are going to have! :) It sure is a long process, but you and Matt are doing a fantastic job getting all your stuff done. I can't wait until that phone rings :) Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness!!! you are almost done. it must be so difficult to capture who you are in paperwork... because you are such an amazing and loving couple. i can't wait to see the website. thanks so much for sharing the updates. we hold you and your future family in our hearts! love ya lots...m.e.

    ReplyDelete