The Hahns

The Hahns

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Make a Joyful Noise?!?!

Alright, I've taken a few days to blog about this because I couldn't get my mind wrapped around the "making a joyful noise" part! :) As many of you know, our buyer backed out of his contract with us to buy our house citing that the roof and furnace are too old and may need replaced soon. So our house is back on the market, we are not moving at the end of June, and we have to go through the cleaning process again to show our house. Not much there to make a joyful noise about and so I've been a bear to be around for the past few days, mostly complaining about all these things and being mad. :) Sounds fun, huh?
Today, I think I'm rounding the corner enough to consider the positives of this set back:
1. I will not have to pack up the whole house while Matt is away on Boundary Waters.
2. We still have our contract on the new house (extended for 45 more days).
3. We had a showing today, so hopefully people are still interested in looking at the house.
4. Matt is the complete opposite of me in this situation, trying to help me be positive and make me laugh (even though I've still been mad about it!) :)
So, I know God has a plan for us and this whole situation that will be even better than our original plan. I just hope that we'll get to see it soon! :)

3 comments:

  1. of course this has to all be frustrating! there is no excuses needed for not being positive about it! however, you truly amaze me with how well you take everything that comes your way! you may not want to be an example for all of us in this respect, but you both are one amazing example of how to make a joyful noise and always look for the positives! and believe me, you are always a JOY to be around!! :) Love ya~

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you had a showing already today?? that's awesome!!! even though the other offer went through, God has something in mind. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't imagine how frustrating it must be...but way to stay focused. if i were looking to move to your town, i would totally buy your house...just because i know the amazing people who live there :). and it is such a cute house. love ya lots..m.e.

    ReplyDelete