The Hahns

The Hahns

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A date with 40 8th graders

Probably not what you would consider a typical date, but a day without the kiddos counts as a date in my book! :)
We went to Cedar Point yesterday as chaperones on Matt's school field trip. And let me tell you, this was the BEST field trip I've ever been on. We had to listen to annoying middle school talk for the bus ride there and back (thank goodness for my IPod! :)), but other than that, we were on our own for the day. We just had to meet the kids at 6:30 that evening to count heads and get back on the bus. Talk about easy! We had free tickets, free Cardinal bus ride, and $40 in spending money.
The day started off really early (4:45 a.m.) and ended pretty late (we were home by 11:00), but thankfully the grandparents each volunteered to watch the kids overnight so we could wait and pick them up this morning. We had such a great day. It was kind of overcast and looked like it would rain any minute, which I think held people from coming to the park. But by 1:00, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day. We walked on to almost every ride. It was amazing. We rode 7 rides in 4 hours which had to be some sort of a record. We rode several rides more than once and only waited for the Dragster and Millenium for 30 minutes. We actually ran out of things to do before it was time to leave. I can't remember that ever happening before!
But I did realize that I'm not as young as I used to be. We were exhausted by about 2:00 and sat down in the shade to have a pretzel and ice cream for about an hour! :) Hey, we are twice as old as the 8th graders we came with! :) But it was a really nice day and we're still relatively tired today even after sleeping in past 9:00.
I'd definitely go again, but I'd pay big money for my own kids to skip 6th-8th grade....Does anybody have a pill or something for that! :)

5 comments:

  1. Ok, that day sounds amazing!!! How perfect! I am so glad you had such a good time. And that was nice of the grandparents to help out so much. Nothing wrong with taking a break...especially if it involves ice cream and pretzels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know why your father sat and watched you and your sister from the park bench HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha dad. You took your break all day! And are you saying Alicia and I were as annoying as 40 8th graders? :)
    I'm glad you had fun on your date Alicia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great day! glad you could get away and spend time with matt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey dad isn't the only one that can leave a comment. He did go on rides when you were smaller. It was the roller coaster rides he couldn't deal with. BUT....your mom never waivered. I went with you all the time. 3 cheers for Mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete