The Hahns

The Hahns

Monday, May 21, 2012

My Mother's Day

Matt and the kids always do a great job treating me special on Mother's Day.  We started on Saturday evening by going to a "fancy" restaurant for supper.  Everybody got dressed up nice (Landon in his "hansum" shirt and Em in her "pridee drett") and we went to the Emporium in South Bend.  The kids were great and they loved that we got seated on the upper level so we could look down at the people below!

 My one request each Mother's Day is that I don't have to cook or clean up for the whole day and my wonderful husband is great at taking care of all of that for the day.
 I also got some great gifts from Matt and the kiddos.  They picked me out a new necklace, chocolate bar (there may have been some selfish motivation in that one :)), shorts, a tank top, and a bathrobe.  I think they had more fun opening the gifts than picking them out!

Matt's parents then joined us for supper (grilled pizza) and we gave Gma her handprint picture frame that says, "We love you THIS much."  My parents were in North Carolina for the weekend so we missed them.

God has blessed me greatly by giving me my wonderful family.  When we prayed for children, we never imagined it would turn out this way.  But I wouldn't want it any other way.  I couldn't ask for two more loving, sweet, kind kiddos!  Love you guys!!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Mother's Day! You can tell your family loves you and it was so fun to hear about your celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe, what a sweet post! you are a wonderful mother! way to go matt for treating alicia so well on mother's day!

    ReplyDelete