The Hahns

The Hahns

Sunday, December 09, 2012

Birthday Celebrations



We had the pleasure of celebrating 2 wonderful people this last week (and my mother-in-law today! :)). Matt turned 35 this year and we celebrated by going to Hacienda and ordering dinner and a mudslide. Yum! Then we came back to the house to open presents. Emmy is starting to become more aware of others and asked Daddy if he wanted some "dar woars dies" (Star Wars guys) for his birthday. She ended up picking him out some and I think she plays with them more than her Daddy, but it was a nice thought! :) 
Playing in the box with Daddy's birthday present from the Clark's!
For Jess's birthday, she had the awesome idea of going to a Wine and Canvas event at Papa Vino's.  We each got a canvas, paint, and an art lesson to create a "masterpiece"!  I think they turned out pretty good (although it does kinda bother me that my vase is not symmetrical!!).  We had a lot of fun and even tried out some peach bellini's!  Thanks for the fun girls night out!  I'd definitely do it again sometime!!
Thanks to Jessica bringing her camera, we got some great pictures of our work!
Happy birthday to 2 of my greatest friends!  We all love you both!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 AM

    How sweet of Emmy! And I'm glad that all of our gift was used. :)
    Great job on the painting. I can't wait to see it in person.
    Have a great week!
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:55 AM

    Matt is definitely a man you should celebrate! It sounds like you had a great time! And I was so happy to spend my Wine and Canvas experience with you!!! You and Jessica were the first people I thought of! Final thought...that picture of Emmy in the box is PRICELESS!!! :) Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Matt is definitely a great man to celebrate!! It sounds like you had a great time. I am so glad that you got to experience Wine and Canvas with me! You and Jessica were the first people I thought of! And I have to say that the picture of Emmy in the box is PRICELESS!!!! Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday, matt! that is so sweet that emmy thought of a gift that matt would "enjoy".

    ReplyDelete