The Hahns

The Hahns

Monday, June 19, 2017

Home Improvements

I had been wanting to get rid of our carpet for awhile now, so I finally convinced Matt to go look at hardwood over spring break and we picked some out.  The last week of school, we had it installed and I love it!  It makes everything look better.  It definitely shows dirt (which I'm sure was always there but I couldn't see it) so I have to sweep more.  It's also not quite done.  The caulk needs put on and nail holes puttied.  Also, there are a few pieces of trim to be reattached and where the wood and carpet meet isn't done yet.






nice photobomb, Emmy :)

 Also on the list of Matt didn't want to, but I can be quite convincing...was an above ground pool.  I saw a sale on them over Memorial Day and thought it'd be great for the kids (pool, hardwood floors, and puppy were all on my list 😁).  So the work began.  I had NO idea we'd have to do so much to get the pool ready.  We got 9 tons of sand to even out the ground, then had to build a brick wall to hold the sand in place.

 After putting together the pool and filling it, this is what it looked like:
 Yucky brown!!  I did a lot of searching online and YouTube to see what to do.  We also went to a pool store several times to have the water tested.  After 2 weeks, we couldn't wait any longer and we jumped in.  The water was still a little green, but the kids didn't mind!



We got a sand filter instead of the cruddy one it came with and the pool is looking good!  I was just excited once we could finally see the bottom!🏊  I can't wait to make some awesome memories in the pool.

1 comment:

  1. Love the floors and I'm excited to use the pool! 😁 Glad you can talk your husband to things. Now it's time for the puppy!

    ReplyDelete