The Hahns

The Hahns

Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Joy is in the Journey

Just returned from an awesome concert at church put on by our Worship Team. While there, one of the members stated, "The joy is in the journey." How too often I forget that! Especially as I am waiting (most of the time impatiently :) ) for a child, or complaining because God has put me in situations that I think I don't want to be in, or because I am being tested and am faced with a weakness that I have (small talk, anyone?? :) ). But tonight, I reflect upon the fact that life is a journey to be enjoyed and learned from. I need to enjoy the ride and not just focus on what I'll have when my prayer comes true. Because I know that when one prayer is answered (or not...because that is an answer too) I'll have more waiting in the wings for God. So as I wait, I'll try to enjoy the journey and the anticipation (thanks Jess :) ) or the end result!

4 comments:

  1. great post alicia! the joy is in the journey and the reward is great with your faith! i love ya! and had a great time at the concert! thanks for saving me a seat! love ya lots...m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post and great reminder! I wish I could have been at the concert...it sounded great! Small talk is super hard..I am right there with you...but I am sure you did a fabulous job as always! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had a whole day of practice of small talk! one of these days it will be one of your favorite things to do! HA! how true, we should enjoy the journey, even though we want the end result. thanks for the reminder.

    p.s.-two more days...yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an old NWHS grad, Jodi Walters. I found your site by my various clicking around on Jessica Berger's site... somehow, anyway, I just had to leave a comment, your blog was very touching to me. Loving the process used to be my motto and I felt like recently I have been weighted down with what I don't have or just overall dissatisfaction in myself. I need to be constantly reminded of enjoying life as it progresses and seeing what will happen. I love that you have God in your life and your blog has encouraged me! Have a great day. Tell Matt late happy birthday and I hope you both have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete