The Hahns

The Hahns

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Read any good books lately?

Ok, so I am a nerd. I actually enjoy reading. Now I couldn't honestly say that until a few years ago. When you're "forced" to read it's much less enjoyable, but now that I can choose the books I want to read, it's much more fun!! I recently used my Christmas money to join booksfree.com, which is a website similar to Netflix only it's books you rent instead of movies. I am really enjoying this subscription as there are tons of books to choose from in all different genres and it is MUCH cheaper than buying these books. Now, you might be thinking, if she enjoys reading so much, why not go to the library where the books are free? Well, the truth is, I am lazy! :) And it is worth the $10 a month for me to have the books I want to read shipped to my house! I just finished reading my first two books: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and Dear John by Nicholas Sparks (of course!). So my question to you is....have you read any good books lately??

8 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! What a neat idea! Yeah, the library isn't free for us since we our not in the city limits :( But thanks to your books, I am really enjoying reading :) I am currently reading...The Choice by Nicholas Sparks :) Thanks tons Alicia! Love ya! Oh and I responded to the Hani Yori's question on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never heard of that before. that's a good idea. it's sooo much nicer for the books to arrive at your door than having to go get them. i hope you have an enjoyable weekend reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me see...i haven't made the time to read lately, since, taking a break from the classics. but when i hear of books that sound good, i write them down. so here is my list of recommendations :)...the only road north by erik mirandette, the hiding place by corrie ten book, and in the presence of my enemies by gracia burnham. so if you get to them before me, let me know what you think :). love ya...my nerdy friend...ha ha...just kiding...but i do love ya!...m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you probably already know this, but did you see there are open auditions for next top model in granger? you should go for it just to say you did it! :) i'm sure you can strut down the isle just like the pros after watching so much of that show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious...and no I didn't know they were holding auditions in Granger. I don't think I could seriously go! I'd probably just laugh the whole time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Online book rental rocks. But that service doesn't have anything new. They just have paperbacks (no hardcovers). I subscribe to BookSwim.com. Very similar, a few bucks more, but ALL the new releases on top of the standard paperbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:20 AM

    Hey,
    I tried to email you a book list that I had gotten. It is just the list of most common books read by people entering college. Mainly it is just the classics but still, I thought it would be worth you looking at.
    BUT, it said the email i have for you wasn't active anymore. So you need to email me your new address so I can send those to ya:)
    -Nate-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Good Books: Karen Kingsbury books
    I just read, "The Innocent Man"
    by John Grisham. It was okay, not the best I've read.
    I love books by Francine Rivers too!
    One of these days I'm actually going to make it through, "Gone With the Wind".
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete