The Hahns

The Hahns

Friday, September 12, 2008

Can I fit it all in one post???

It's seems like months since I've posted instead of a few days! SO many amazing things have happened and tonight is the first night I've been able to stay home and catch my breath in awhile! It all began a week ago Thursday with my first baby shower thrown by incredible friends. We met at BW3's and then to the Smith's for games and dessert. Each friend has been so supportive during our journey and a big thank you goes out to Jess, Jessica, Jenn, and Victoria for planning a great evening.
Followed by that was a great day to bond with Jenn, Jessica, and Jess during a scrap session on Saturday (even though I am only a card maker! :) ) and an evening with the Moellers, Packards, and Coles at Jenny's house. Jenny graciously volunteered to host our September event (even though it was my turn) and threw a bbq/shower for Matt and I. It was a great evening topped off with a spectacular cake handmade by Amy. Below are Delaney Packard and Carter Moeller waiting for a piece! :)

Sunday was opening day of football so the Frye's invited us for a party to watch the games. It was a great day with the Bear's winning (even though I lost in fantasy football) :) and :(.
Monday-Bible study
Tuesday-bbq for friends who helped us move this summer
Wednesday-helping Jenn move
and Thursday was a baby shower given by my co-workers. Jessica hosted while the rest of the 2nd grade team supplied the food. It was so nice. Everyone at school has been so supportive and curious about our journey. It's so great to work with wonderful people (even though I can't say the same for the lovely people who work at the administration office!! :) ).
During the previous weeks, we have also been given gifts from our drop off shower on the Berger side of the family.

I have been totally overwhelmed by everyone's generosity in the past few weeks since we've learned of the adoption. I knew friends and family were out there praying for us and thinking about us during the waiting process, but it's a whole different experience when you get all of those thoughts from everyone within a week! :)

3 comments:

  1. wow, they are very similar. too funny! i'm glad you are seeing all the support from friends, family, and co-workers. each one loves you and matt very much and are so excited for you both to recieve your precious little baby!! we're always here if you need anything. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there to celebrate all these great times with you! I hope Mary delivers soon. I can't wait to see you guys in VA! Just make sure you're there over the weekend. ;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all had a blast at all the events we could attend that you listed! You are very special people and it really shows with all the love and support you are getting!! Love ya tons!

    ReplyDelete