The Hahns

The Hahns

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Car, books, and Christmas

I guess we are now officially in the market for a new car. After talking with our insurance and getting the estimate from the body shop, the car is hardly worth more than it will cost to fix it, so it's going to be totaled. Which was not good news for us, since we weren't in the market for a car or a car payment at this time! And we were hoping the car, which was 5 years newer, would outlast our SUV. But not so. So I guess we are keeping our eyes open for a used (but not abused) car! :) And we'll have to make a decision over break since I'll need a car to go back to work in Jan.
In other news, I just finished the book Twilight, which is what the movie by the same name is based on, and I really enjoyed it. I had my doubts being that it's about vampires and I'm not so much into that, but I really did like it and would recommend it to anyone looking for an easy read that's not violent or has profanity in it. I think I'll try to continue and read the rest of the series as well.
And finally, since it is Christmas Eve, just have to comment about how excited we are to celebrate with Landon this year (even though he has no clue what's going on!) and Kristina and Nate are home to celebrate as well. Merry Christmas! Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear about the car. if the jeep was good for families i would have sold it to you :)...but you need something more than 2 doors and a soft top ;). merry christmas!!! love ya...m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too bad about the car. hopefully you will find something that is perfect for you! have fun celebrating with landon and the rest of the family! merry christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That car news is a bummer but it will all work out great :) I just know it :) It was great seeing you at 11pm yesterday :) Merry Christmas and love ya!

    ReplyDelete