The Hahns

The Hahns

Monday, February 09, 2009

Mr. President

Matt and I got a very cool opportunity today. President Obama came to Elkhart to hold a town hall meeting and we got to go. Not because we stood in line for hours on Saturday to get tickets, but because my uncle got to introduce the President! He is one of the many RV workers that has been laid off for the past several months and he's been interviewed by several of the local and even national news stations. But he got a call this weekend from Washington, D.C. saying that they'd like him to give a short speech and introduce Mr. Obama. How cool is that! He got to walk out with him and everything. And since we're part of his family, my aunt, cousins, mom, and grandpa got special seating and we didn't even have to wait in line to get into the gym. We were lead right to the front. It was a really neat experience, to be that close to the leader of our nation and even though I may not agree with everything he stands for, I still think it is so important to support him and our government as they try to make changes to make our nation better.


On another note, I realized how crappy our camera is because out of about 25 shots, these are the most unblurry ones I got! :)
Matt and I waiting for the meeting to begin. We were there about 2 hours early.

Uncle Ed giving his speech while the President looks on
Mr. Obama answering questions from the audience

5 comments:

  1. wow, how neat that your uncle was chosen to introduce the president! i'm glad you had the opportunity to go, but i sure missed you at school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome day for you! you got to be close to the man that's going to bring positive change to our country! as for the camera, if you want advice on a new one, i'd be happy to give my non-professional opinion on them. i worked in a camera store for several months learning about different cameras...sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous you got to go. Actually, I'm sure Steven is even jealouser than I am. That's right, I said Jealouser!:) I saw Eddie on ABC news today. I was so proud of him. Too bad I was sharing the excitement with myself. :( I hope you enjoyed listening to the man I voted for! Hopefully he will bring some change to your community. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat opportunity!!! To be that close...wow...and not even have to wait in line :) That is awesome! We saw your uncle on the news...wow..he is the representative :) That is pretty cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday we were watching the news and they broke in with your uncle doing the introduction. Karen happened to be here and she was holding Gunnar while I was getting us ready to head back to pick up Kerby and she just yelled, "There's Eddie Neufeldt!" I didn't know what he was doing at our house until I realized she meant ON TV! That is pretty cool in itself but that you also got to go! Nifty. You are lookin' pretty good, mama. We decided we are coming to your area this weekend instead I think so let us know if you will be around. Friday night we are going to dad's game in Edwardsburg and Saturday we have to do taxes but the rest of our weekend is open.

    ReplyDelete