The Hahns

The Hahns

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Disney Surprise and Stitch Fix #5

We surprised the kiddos by announcing we are taking a trip to Walt Disney World this summer.  We got Emerson a Princess Jasmine outfit and Landon a travel activity book.  Inside each gift was also a piece of a puzzle...In June, we are flying to....and then I showed them a Disney box.  Emerson unsurely said, "Are we going to Disney World?"  They were really cute because neither one got very excited, but after we looked at some videos and talked about it, they got more excited about it.  I videoed their reaction, but it is too big for Blogger to load :(.  We are keeping a countdown and everyday Em makes sure it is up to date.
 So, because my last fix didn't turn out very well, I decided to schedule another one (within 2 weeks) to see if there was something I would really like and would fit.  I told my stylist (Arianne this time) that I'd like some spring colors, shorter dress, and that I was going to Disney in June.  This is what she sent:
Pixley Mori Henley Top $48
This tank was ok for me.  I didn't love the print and I wasn't a huge fan of the collar on it.  Luckily, it was really large in front and the arm holes were too big for me, so I didn't have to decide if I liked it enough to keep.
Verdict: Return
Dear John Finnegan Roll Cuff Short $58
These shorts are AWESOME!  They look like denim, but they feel like super soft cotton.  I was so sure I was keeping these shorts when I first tried them on.  I've been looking for some jean shorts and these were super....but then I tried them on a second time and realized they were too big in the waist.  I was so bummed that I kept them on for awhile just to be sure they really wouldn't work.  The legs fit great, so I didn't think a smaller size would work.
Verdict: Sadly Return 
 Pixley Alison Swing Dress $48
Loved this dress.  Matt wasn't so sure because it is plain, but it is so comfy!  I could see me dressing it up or down and wearing it a lot of different places.  It'd be great to hang around the theme parks at Disney too!
Verdict: Keep
 Skies are Blue Ortega Open Knit Perforated Cardigan $48
I was a bit on the fence about this one.  I love the color and the uniqueness of the back.  I just wasn't sure if I'd wear it a lot since the color isn't my neutral cardigan that I'm used too.  I decided that it'd be great for cool spring/summer evenings.
Verdict: Keep

 Street Level Anchorage Diamond Printed Tote $64
This time I decided to check that I'd like a purse/bag since I really need a new purse (my handles are falling apart).  I got sent this tote, which is really cute.  The bad part is that it is HUGE!  It'd be great for vacation, but I don't know that I'd use it much more than that.
Verdict: Return

So, I bought the dress and cardigan this time, which I am happy with.  I got $40 in gift cards from Christmas thanks to my awesome family and had $20 applied from my styling fees.  So I got both items for less than the price of one.  So excited!!
pricing sheet

style sheet

If you are interested in trying this great styling service for yourself, click Stitch Fix.
Here are links to my other boxes:
 Stitch Fix #1
Stitch Fix #2
Stitch Fix #3
Stitch Fix #4
What do you think?  What would you keep?

3 comments:

  1. If you need a new purse, I can hook you up! Also, a comfy but cute dress is a wardrobe staple. It would look great for fall with a scarf, Jean jacket, leggings and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need a new purse, I can hook you up! Also, a comfy but cute dress is a wardrobe staple. It would look great for fall with a scarf, Jean jacket, leggings and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make everything look good! Did you west the dress at Disney?

    ReplyDelete